Monday 29 August 2011

Rococo


87 – 91 Acland St, St Kilda
Date: 29.8.11

A sunny day in St Kilda designed to sit out in the sun and enjoy a coffee (okay, I hate direct sunlight, I’m a ranga after all. So I sat under an umbrella – but still enjoyed it). The outside eating area is cosy and the red chairs are striking. It was nice without being over spectacular. The one thing that was awful, and I guess you can’t really blame the staff, were the two separate beggars who came into the dining area to ask every patron for money. The service was friendly enough, but didn’t seem overly pleased we were only drinking coffee, asking us several times if we wanted food. I must admit I wasn’t expecting a lot from the coffee, especially since all three coffees came out at very different times. Then my long black was in a glass. I thought why would you send out the hottest drink in a glass? Surprisingly the taste was beautiful. The cream on the long black looked divine, and tasted it. A full and rounded flavour that I savoured. I hear the food is nice, I think after my beautiful coffee I will have to return and try.

AMBIENCE:    Beautiful location on a beautiful day. Beggars entering the dining really spoil the ambience (I sound like a rich knob, but I just think it’s rude). 3 out of 5.

SERVICE:    Friendly and fast but seemed annoyed we didn’t order food and the coffees all came out at very different times. 3 out of 5.

COFFEE:    Delicious. This was the real surprise of my visit. A full flavoured cup of goodness. 4.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment