Sunday 21 August 2011

Jungle Juice Bar


Jungle Juice Bar

20 Centre Pl, Melbourne CBD, Victoria
Date: 19.8.11

My love affair with those CBD laneways continues and this place is an absolute gem. It really doesn’t look much from the front, some of the other cafes on this strip have more immediate appeal. But what this place does best is what you want. Service was very fast and was friendly, the chef even popped out for a second to talk to us. You really couldn’t work here if you were claustrophobic, we were there for lunch and the walls started closing in on me. The Golden Book menus were a nice touch, although mine was a Pokemon one. They have Pokemon Golden books? And it looked quite old. How old am I now? Our food was great, and for this side of town, very well priced. I had a beef burger bagel and it was all kinds of divine. Then there’s the coffee, my marker for everything. The coffee was strong, bold and delicious. I’ve been exploring all the cafes around this area and, so far, this has been my favourite by a long way. A mini delight you should check out.

AMBIENCE:    In one of the best laneways in the CBD, but it really doesn’t look much. The crowd in there lead you to believe it’s a good one. 3.5 out of 5.

SERVICE:    Top rate. They are friendly and fast. Unlike other cafes around here, these kids clearly enjoy their workplace and this makes it a delight to go there. 4.5 out of 5.

COFFEE:    Divine. It was a beautiful drop and I loved both my cups. Well rounded flavours with a beautiful aftertaste. 4.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment