Wednesday 24 August 2011

Carre Street Deli


372 Glenhuntly Rd, Elsternwick, Victoria
Date: 24.8.11

I’d been into this wonderful little deli to buy cheese before, but had never stopped off for a coffee and some food. And boy am I glad I finally did. While the red chairs may be nice, the key to this place is the amazing food that surrounds you. You can almost plan your week’s eating by looking at the walls. And the cakes on display almost look orgasmic. For breakfast I had the breakfast trifle and it was divine. I’m a big rhubarb fan and combined with the bircher it was amazing. The service was friendly, but it still continues my disappointment with no table service. I will say though it’s not good if you hear the kitchen have a small argument (unless you’re going to eat at Hell’s Kitchen). My first cup of coffee was a disappointment, it was filled too high with water and it drowned out the great coffee flavour. My good mate Nicole told her when ordering the second cup and it came with less water and a 100% better flavour. It was a stunning, strong and well rounded flavoured cup – I just wish I hadn’t had the first one. All in all though, you really should check out this amazing little venue.

AMBIENCE:    If you like a little bit of gourmet food, then you’ll love this place. It’s hard to leave without buying something to take home. 4 out of 5.

SERVICE:    Friendly but they don’t go the extra mile. Was mid compliment on the food and was cut me off. 3 out of 5.

COFFEE:    It would have gotten a 4.5 if I only had the second cup, but the first was far too watery and she had to be instructed to not fill the long black to the top. 3.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment