Friday 9 September 2011

Combi Coffee Espresso



84 Ormond Rd, Elwood
Date: 9.10.11

People rave about this tiny little place so I was eager to try it out. It has a nice feel and the inside, though small, looks inviting. I sat outside and was ready to try the coffee. Marks were off straight away, organic, just not a huge fan. But also, both coffees I had were slightly burnt. For somewhere that prides themselves on brilliant coffee, it felt sloppy. However, I will say the treats they had on offer looked unique and tasty. I had this amazing lime cake that was outstanding. The staff seem friendly but weren’t that good at their jobs. First time I’ve seen a server drop an entire scolding hot cup of coffee as they served. It only just missed my friend, hitting a bit of her shoe. I understand why people would like this place, but there are certainly better cafes out there.

AMBIENCE:    This is probably the highlight of this place. You can sit in the funky inside area, or on the beautiful Ormond Rd. Very laidback. 4 out of 5.

SERVICE:    Friendly but a little useless. Burnt coffee and dropped orders don’t give me much faith. 2.5 out of 5.

COFFEE:    For all the hype it certainly only seemed average to me, and wasn’t even that hot. And we know that bitch, I like it hot. 2.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment