Thursday 11 August 2011

Chimmys


342 – 344 Bridge Rd, Richmond, Victoria
Date: 11.8.11

Orgasmic. That’s how I’d describe the cakes on display when you walk in. Yum. But then you sit nowhere near them and are told you have to go to the counter to order and carry your own food back to your seat. I just find it poor customer service, is it that hard to take to orders at a table, especially when they seemed to have so many staff on. But my lemon meringue tart was a special kind of divine. Very tart and very refreshing, just like I like my men! Both my coffees, however, seemed slightly burnt. There was a lot of flavour but they were just tinged with that burnt sensation. If you’re a fan of cakes, but not coffee, then this is your place.

AMBIENCE:    Walking in I nearly wet myself, but then the sparse dining area looks a little too like a restaurant. I’m not sure if they know what they want to be, a café, a bakery or a restaurant. That just adds up to inconsistencies. 2.5 out of 5.

SERVICE:    They were friendly, but they just stand behind the counter. Even our first set of empty cups seemed to stay on the table for ages. 2.5 out of 5.

COFFEE:    Muh. Had potential, but a bad job from the barista left it burnt. My mate Amanda loved her skinny latte. My long black, could have been real good. The beans seemed great and full but were just prepared wrong. 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment