Tuesday 26 July 2011

Quik Shots


Virgin Domestic Terminal, Mascot, NSW
Date: 22.7.11

Confession time. I was here just after 5am in the morning. The morning after my play, “The Burlesque Effect” (go see it, it’s great – even if I do say so myself) opened. I had 90 minutes sleep and wasn’t hungover because I think I was still drunk. I was walking around like a zombie like my fellow travelers, if a kid had cried I may have slapped them. These places aren’t coffee shops, they’re factory lines. Their name pretty much spells it out! While they try to make it pleasant, and the design of this factory line is particularly nice, it’s no cafĂ© with a great atmosphere. They are competent, but you can see the coffee isn’t made with love. No, I’m not talking American Pie love with coffee (cause that would be painful), but instead you can tell when a barista loves what they do. Here you suspect one day they’re on coffee, the next, making sandwiches out the back. But still, with the way I was feeling, it was hot, black and had caffeine. I just wish it were stronger.

AMBIENCE:    It was 5am, I was lucky I didn’t kill someone. But they’ve done it up nice enough, and clearly it’s better than Mickey D’s. 1.5 out of 5.

SERVICE:    I ordered one coffee, the girl then asked what my second coffee was again. I was standing alone. I think she may have been drunk too. 1.5 out of 5.

COFFEE:    Better than Nescafe! Okay, that was harsh. It was okay, average at best, if slightly weak. But it did the job and got me through my flight. 2 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment