Saturday 30 July 2011

Abbey Road

129-131 Acland St, St Kilda
Date: 29.7.11

Here’s the thing, I want to like this place. I really do. Over my past 7 months in Melbourne I’ve been here a few times and always want to like it more than I do. The walls here are amazing (though that’s a sad indication of the place if that’s my favourite thing), they are covered with old records, posters and old school music memorabilia. The music always plays loud and all in all the staff are friendly. I’ve had food here several times, sometimes it’s nice and sometimes below par – dinner is usually better than breakfast. The wine list is nice and after my coffee had a great glass of Sem/Sav. But for me it’s always about the coffee, and theirs is average. It pretty much sums up the whole place.

AMBIENCE:    Always good, for somewhere this average. The number of people through is always impressive. Plus the music and the amazing looking walls always help. 3.5 out of 5.

SERVICE:    Just above average. They get you your order, they are polite, they like to chat to each other at the bar. 3 out of 5.

COFFEE:    Average, dull and unmemorable. Clearly they see themselves as more than a café and it shows, the love isn’t in the art of coffee. 2.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment