Sunday 24 July 2011

Journal


253 Flinder Lane, Melbourne CBD, VIC
Date: 15.7.11

From the street this place looks amazing, and inside doesn’t disappoint. This is one of the best looking cafes I’ve ever been in, the books in the shelves above the tables are a nice touch. But the centre of the room is filled with big communal tables. No matter what wanky hipster designers sitting in their funky offices drinking vanilla chai lattes think, most people hate them. I am certainly not at a coffee shop to talk to a random. Luckily my mate Perri and I got our own table. Sure, they didn’t wipe it clean till after I’d after my first coffee, but it was still just our dirty table. They were a little slow, probably cause there was a line to get in when we were leaving. And my second cup had a chip in it, but what’s a little bacteria between friends? But I’m probably just being fussy (shut up and don’t judge me, I’m here to judge them). Overall, it was a good experience and I’d go there again for sure.

AMBIENCE:     If you can avoid the communal tables, you’re in for a treat. This is the way a café is meant to feel. 4 out of 5

SERVICE:    Slightly slow but smiley. 3 and a half out of 5

COFFEE:    Good without being great. Happily went back for a second cup. 3 and a half out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment