Sunday 31 July 2011

Blue Tongue Cafe


62 Ormond Rd, Elwood
Date: 30.7.11

My mates Fletch (what a stunning coffee model he is) and Laura like to go to this place because they have a large frontage where they can take their very big and beautiful dogs. The dogs seem to like the place, me, not so much. The staff are great, really friendly. Many places with great coffee have arrogant sons of bitches sneering at you as you order. Then there’s places like this who are almost serving coffee flavoured dishwater but are really nice doing it. The food’s okay but nothing exceptional and that coffee, well for a blog called “Bitch, I like it hot”, the coffee was the coldest I’ve had in a long time. While the location is perfect, and I had a nice Saturday afternoon with my friends in the Melbourne winter sun, it wasn’t cause of the cafĂ©, just the company. I wish I could like them more.

AMBIENCE:    Great Elwood spot right on the main drag. Nice to sit outside in the very open front. Dogs welcome. 3.5 out of 5.

SERVICE:    Really quite good. The staff are friendly, fast and talkative. Impressive. 4 out of 5.

COFFEE:    I wish there were another question. I’m a coffee boy and theirs is pretty piss poor. Cold and forgettable. 2 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment