Sunday 24 July 2011

BRUNO ROSSI


Jetstar Terminal, Domestic Terminal, Melbourne, VIC
Date: 19.7.11

I never have much faith in airport coffee. The only thing usually worse, train station coffee. I was greeted, even though that sounds a bit too nice for the grunt I got from the kid at the counter (who looked remarkably like that “If I had a girlfriend she’d kill me” kid from The Simpsons). He took my order, had to ask my name twice (apparently Wayne’s a little hard). Then he charged me $4.00 for a small coffee – I felt violated! As I waiting for my coffee the guy before me asked for the toilet key, the Simpsons kid literally threw it at him. Wow! I was ready for piss weak coffee but fuck me, it was actually nice. Better than nice. Still too pricey but by far the best airport coffee I’ve ever had.

AMBIENCE:    What ambience? It’s an airport. I’m a cursed flyer, my plane is always delayed. People walk around like zombies, me included. 1 out of 5.

SERVICE:    The coffee came out promptly, it was just served with contempt and hatred for the world. Ah, the youth of today. 1.5 out of 5.

COFFEE:    Surprisingly rich and tasty, left a beautiful after taste. While pricey, it tasted divine. 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment