Friday 29 July 2011

Las Chicas


203 Carlisle St, Balaclava, VIC
Date: 29.7.11

You can tell this place is a favourite as soon as you walk in the door, it’s very buzzy and they have large foot traffic. I suppose being next to Balaclava train station helps. I really wanted to like this place, my first waiter was friendly, seated me quickly and my coffee came out fast. Then it all went downhill from there. My food was brought out by a waiter on the phone who didn’t even look at me, and then (cue horror soundtrack), my coffee was burnt. So was the second cup, which I struggled to order because phone boy apparently wasn’t interested in serving me and I had to yell after him as he took my empty that I wanted another. I know people love this place, but to be honest, I am not one of them.

AMBIENCE:    This is what this place has in spades. The café looks amazing and looks very inviting. And I enjoyed the touch of having water in Absolut Vodka bottles, the alchie in me thought it was tops. 4 out of 5

SERVICE:    It started well, the one older waiter was exceptional. The rest, average. 2.5 out of 5.

COFFEE:    What a let down, it was burnt and average. At least it was strong. 2.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment