Wednesday 27 July 2011

Leroy Espresso


191 Acland St, St Kilda, VIC
Date: 26.7.11

Since moving to the area this has become my go to café. I love the 70’s, slightly daggy chic and the coffee is mouth watering delicious. Plus the food is always high quality and tasty. In my opinion, it’s hands down the best café on Acland St right now. And it’s busy, always busy – people know it’s good. Here lies this place’s only problem – sometimes the wait staff get a little flustered (not the baristas, they are always friendly and making A1 coffee). On this visit with my wonderful director friend Fiona Hallenen-Barker our second waitress came over to check if we’d ordered porridge cause she’d give us a spoon. We hadn’t ordered porridge. Another time a friend and I had to order 3 times and then got the wrong food. But the staff are always super friendly and a few problems aside, I really do love this place with capital love hearts.

AMBIENCE:    Always busy with locals who know how good it is. The weekend is packed, so weekdays are good for a cruisey coffee and chats. 4 out of 5.

SERVICE:    The only weak link in this place, and even though they often get orders wrong, they do it with a smile! 2.5 out of 5.

COFFEE:    You don’t get much better than this, I practically inhale it. Strong, rounded and a beautiful after taste. I want one now writing this. 5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment