Monday 25 July 2011

Pastizzi Cafe


523 King St, Newtown, NSW
Date: 21.7.11

I’ve been a big fan of this place for a while now. I used to live across the road, and only my second time there the waitress remembered my order, the third time my coffee was placed infront of me within a minute of me walking through the door – without me even asking. Now that’s service. But since I’ve moved to Melbourne I’ve heard there’s some kind of great pastizzi controversy and some people are boycotting this place. I have no idea what this drama is, someone ordered pumpkin and got mushroom? But apparently there are new owners and people are devo. Me, not so much. The quality is still there, the friendliness of staff is as good as ever and the food and coffee are delightful. And those chicken and mushroom pastizzi’s, yes please!! The coffee is strong, bold and tasty. Sure, it looks ghetto, but that’s part of the appeal. No boycott for me, some of Newtown’s best coffee is inside.

AMBIENCE:    Basic layout and furniture that looks like it was picked up from Clint’s Crazy Bargains. The back courtyard is nice but I prefer the dodgy front area. The steady line of people in and out keeps this place quite buzzy. 3.5 out of 5.

SERVICE:    First class. I miss the lady who used to work there who knew my coffee order, but the current staff are friendly and feisty – just as I like them. I was teased as my coffee was made, and I liked it!! 4.5 out of 5.

COFFEE:    This is a good drop. Beautiful smooth taste with a refreshing after taste. 4.5 out of 5.

3 comments:

  1. I miss that place too!

    Pastizzi dramalogues can be found here:
    http://twitpic.com/4nw7ge

    and here:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/PASTIZZI-CAFE/287754542104

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete